Wednesday 15 May 2013

An update, longer post to come soon!

Hey everyone, Sorry to not write sooner but internet is sometimes hard to come by while traveling. Currently I don't have my computer with me, it is being stored up in Auckland at some really great family friends' house, so I am on a computer in an internet cafe in Wellington. I've traveled all around the North Island for the past couple of weeks and am now settling down into a more permanent place in Wellington. Everyone kept telling me to come here, and I am so happy I did. It really reminds me of New Orleans in a lot of ways, sort of if you were to mash it up with San Francisco. The city is shaped like a crescent against the bay, and there are HILLS to climb everywhere. Its beautiful. I am still quite new to the city, only arriving on Monday, but already I have landed a dream job! I will be baking at a cute little cafe called The Milk Crate that is conjoined to a vintage bookstore called the Quilters Bookshop. I will go into more details soon, and provide some photos of the last weeks journeys. I got to experience so many beautiful landscapes, I feel very lucky indeed.
Now I am apartment hunting and staying with some really wonderful friends of friends. Kiwi's are so willing to help and reach out to you, and it is so refreshing to be in a place that feels so honest and kind in that way. Write again soon, hope all of you are doing well!

1 comment:

  1. The Milk Crate! How perfect! Can't wait to hear more. Love!

    ReplyDelete