Wednesday 1 May 2013

Photos from New Zealand, the Coromandel and Wilderland Organic Farm

 The view out the window on my first morning in New Zealand.
 Grace giving me a tour of the beach, still a bit rainy. 










 That is Slipper Island...apparently on the other side it looks a lot like a slipper.

 Collecting plants and drawing them has become one of my favorite things to do.
 Incredible seashells, unlike any I have seen before!
 "pretend we are sleeping!" Grace and a friend posing for the picture :)
 The town across the bay, Tairua.



 I thought this sign was sad but very cute, written by a child as you can tell.
 This is called the rocktapus and it is as awesome as it looks. You could spend hours on it, as Grace did and I did as well!
 The night of my full moon adventure, the moon was very bright and beautiful and lighting my way!
 This is the sunrise over the ocean in Pauanui. So stunning. 
 Full moon festival, Kirtan concert. 
 Pretty seashells, I looked for some that reminded me of my housemates from New Orleans who I miss dearly. 
 Sunset.
 The sign inside the compostable toilet at Wilderland. :)
 These guys were my neighbors and liked to wake me in the morning.
 My cute little caravan I slept in while at Wilderland.
 Growing right next to my camper! I've never seen them in real life before. 

 This is an ingenious giant dehydrator. A big closed off rack with a vent at the top and a space heater put underneath. Drying persimmons over night, they taste like candy. 
 The sunrise over the estuary at Wilderland.


 Little Guavas! I had never tried them before. 
 The wilderland shop, selling honey and fruits and veggies.



 These remind me of Waldorf. 
 Yummy dried persimmons.
 I had never even heard of these until trying one, but they are so good. They taste like grapes and kiwi mixed together. 
 Hey look! My last name! I am in the right place :)
 A macadamia tree! They taste a bit like coconut when they are fresh off of the tree. SO hard to crack open!
Weeding carrots with some fellow workers at wilderland. Anna from canada, Judith from Germany and Jay from New Zealand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment